Details: Remington REM-220T-SDR-B SilentDrive Kerosene Forced Air Heater—220,000 BTU
- Products can be returned
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Heat up well-ventilated construction sites, workshops, farms, or garages
- Made of rugged steel for years of use
- SilentDrive Technology for half the noise of a comparable heater
- Runs on efficient, clean-burning Kerosene and CSA certified to run on Jet A Fuel and #1 & 2 Fuel Oil
- Is an online purchase
- Delivery may be delayed in some areas.
Buyer Guide Kerosene Space HeatersKerosene space heaters, also known as kerosene heaters, are a great choice for heating your home, especially if you live in cold climates.
- Safety. Before using a kerosene heater, make sure that it is installed in accordance with local building codes and that it is equipped with a manufacturer-approved chimney.
- Size. Kerosene heaters come in both tabletop and mounted versions. If space is an issue, a mounted unit might be your best bet.
- Cost. Kerosene heaters cost anywhere from $50 to $300. When buying a kerosene heater, consider how much money you can afford to spend on it.
- Heat output. Kerosene heaters come in wattages ranging from 1,800 to 3,300 W. The higher the wattage, the hotter your heater. When choosing a heater, consider how much heat you need.
- Maintenance. Kerosene heaters require little maintenance, except for routine cleaning.
- Debunking myths. While kerosene heaters are inexpensive, they are more expensive than propane and electric heaters. Kerosene heaters come with adjustable heat settings, which allow you to use as little or as much heat as you need.
How to choose Kerosene Space HeatersKerosene space heaters use kerosene as fuel. You can use them in rooms that do not have access to electricity. They are available in three different types namely convection, radiant, and fan forced.
- Convection space heaters: This type of space heater uses air currents to distribute the heat. They are also cheap. However, they can produce a lot of heat radiation, thus may feel uncomfortable.
- Radiant space heaters: For a room to be comfortable, the radiant space heater is ideal. It uses infrared radiation to distribute the heat. They are recommended for living rooms. Radiant space heaters are more expensive than convection space heaters.
- Fan forced space heaters: Fan forced space heaters use a fan to distribute the heat. They are more expensive than convection and radiant space heaters.
How to use Kerosene Space HeatersKerosene space heaters are very simple to use. Here is a step-by-step guide to using them.
- Step #1: Fill the tank to the desired amount with kerosene.
- Step #2: Set the thermostat on the desired temperature.
- Step #3: The heater will reach the desired temperature after a few minutes.
- Step #4: Once the desired temperature is reached, the heater will shut off.
- Step #5: Repeat this process until the desired temperature is reached.
Kerosene space heaters are very easy to use and, as long as you follow the instructions above, they should function reliably and efficiently for a long time.
Review King Electric Blanket Washable with Dual Controllers, Heated Sherpa & Reversible Flannel Warm...
Review Oil Filled Radiator Heater, 700W Electric Space Heater with Thermostat, Overheat Protection, ...
Review Space Heater, 3s Fast Heating LED Display Portable Electric Space Heater with Touch Remote Co...
Review Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater, 30- 80K BTU/HR