Details: Dr Infrared Heater DR-PS11024 Salamander, PS11024, Yellow
Brand: Dr Infrared Heater
Dr. Infrared heater has been keeping millions of Americans warm for many years. These portable heavy-duty salamander heaters are perfect for heating up construction sites, factories, workshops, warehouses, garages, sheds, barns, and other spaces. The heater features an adjustable thermostat, finned heating elements, automatic reset, fan-only function, thermal cutoff switch, and 10 inch wheels for convenient transport and portability. This salamander heater is also available in two other versions: a 240V/single phase/15000W version (dr-ps11524), and a 208V/Triple phase/15000W version (dr-ps31520). hardwiring required, needs a 6/2 so type cord for connection. CSA listed.
- Products can be returned
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Clean, instant, odor-free heat
- 240 volt, single Phase, 10000 watt
- Heavy-duty steel Frame; safety guards on both INTAKE and output ends
- Adjustable thermostat with temperature range from 40 – 100 degree
- Is an online purchase
- Delivery may be delayed in some areas.
Buyer Guide Electric Space HeatersAs you continue your search for an electric space heater, keep in mind the factors below.
- Size. Size wont matter if youre going to be sitting right on top of it. Unfortunately, a space heater has to sit on the floor, so its important for it to be the right size.
- Plug. Plug type can be a hassle, but its important to know which plug type youll need. Most space heaters come with a 1.5-inch diameter plug. If yours doesnt come with one, youll need to purchase an adapter.
- Safety. Check whether the space heater has a safety shutoff feature. This will ensure that the device wont overheat and cause a fire.
- Timer. A timer is simply another term for automatic shutoff. If you like to sleep in, use the timer to ensure that youre not burning up energy.
- Heating Output. Use wattage to determine how much heat the heater can generate. The higher the wattage, the hotter the heater.
- Watts per Square Inch. A watt is a unit of energy. Watts per square inch, on the other hand, is the rate the watts are converted to heat.
- Power. Power is the rate at which energy is converted into heat.
- EMF. EMF stands for Electro Magnetic Field. EMF
How to choose Electric Space HeatersHere are some factors to consider when choosing an Electric Space Heater.
Placement and Size. Space heaters come in various sizes, ranging from 1,000 Watts to 2,000 Watts. The placement of your heater is also important. For example, most heaters are designed to be placed against a wall, but some models are designed to be used independently in open spaces.
Efficiency and Safety Features. Many heaters offer safety features such as auto-shutoff and overheat protection. However, you shouldnt sacrifice efficiency for convenience. Make sure to choose a heater that features a high enough wattage to efficiently heat a space; otherwise, youll end up wasting a lot of energy and money.
How to use Electric Space HeatersElectric space heaters are a convenient way to quickly warm up a room, and theyre cheap to run.
However, safe use requires a lot of care, and its important to make sure youre aware of the dangers that lurk when using one of these devices.
Heres how to use an electric space heater safely:
- Always use a proper extension cord. Never use an extension chord that doesnt have the proper rating for your heater.
- Never use an electric space heater to dry clothes. Doing so can cause a fire.
- Never leave an electric space heater on when youre not using it.
- Dont touch elements on the heater when its still hot.
- Never place your electric space heater on a wet, wet surface.
Related posts:Review Dyna-Glo Dual Power 15,000W Electric Garage Heater, BlackReview Thermee Micro Flannel King-Size Heated Electric Blanket with Sherpa, Machine Wash & Dry, Time...Review CORIWELL Christmas Heated Blanket Electric Throw - 50" x 60" Full Body Size Heating Blanket -...Review Heated Blanket Electric Throw, Soft Fleece Electric Blanket Whole Body, Fast Heating, ETL Cer...